CCCES Structural Engineering Forum and Career Development Panel Discussions
It is a great pleasure of CCCES to have seven guests joining in our Structural Engineering Forum and Career Development Panel Discussion Event. The Event was held on March 23rd in Mississauga, and the Event was moderated by Mr. Wayne Song, CCCES Vice Chair, Board of Director, Capital Project Manager of City of Mississuaga.
Our honored guests are:
1. Haixue Liao, P.E., P. Eng., CP Specialist, Business Development Manager of Vector Corrosion Technologies;
2. Wendy Ding, P. Eng., Senior Structural Engineer, Central Region, Ministry of Transportation Ontario;
3. Alex Hu, M. Eng., P. Eng, Struc. Eng, C. Eng, MIStrucE, Senior Associate at TT Toronto Office;
4. Sheng Wang, M. Eng., P. Eng. Ontario Power Generation;
5. Taining Sun, M. Eng., P. Eng. TTC;
6. Zuming Xia, Ph.D., P.E., Technical Manager of Structural Technologies VSL;
7. Dr. Arnold Yuan, Ph.D., P. Eng., Ryerson University.
Six guest speakers delivered technical speeches, and Wendy Ding answered several questions prepared by CCCES and the audience.
Technical speeches for each of the Guest Speaker is attached herein:
1. Concrete Structural Preservation including bridges, buildings and heritage structures by Liao Haixue, Vector Corrosion Technologies.
2. Construction Staging Analyses of the TTC Union Station Expansion project by Taining Sun, Toronto Transit Commission
3. Miami Marlins Stadium - from cast in place to precast and heavy lifting, Zumin Xia, Structural Technologies VSL, USA
4. Structural practices in offshore oil projects, Sheng Wang, Ontario Power Generation
5. Introduction on structural design of a mixed-use high-rise building in downtown Toronto by Alex Hu, Thornton Tomasetti
6. Introduction to Infrastructure Asset Management by Professor Arnold Yuan, Ryerson University